Eyebrow Aftercare Instructions
Thank you for choosing Beach City Brows to help create your perfect brows, this is a journey and we are in this together.
After you walk out of my studio, the aftercare and choosing to follow them is essential to ensure better healing and to get naturally beautiful looking brows.
→ Everyone heals differently, which means it may not be perfect the first session.
♦Please be patient as this is a process, do not expect perfect results after the 1st session and it is normal to need 2 sessions to achieve the desired results.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
- Your brows should start peeling after the 3rd day and finish around the 7th day.
- Sometimes it will take a bit longer to fully heal due to dry skin or sensitive skin, but not sooner than the 3rd day.
- DO NOT scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off naturally up to the 7 days of healing
- DO NOT scratch, pick or peel the area as it can cause scarring and/or color loss
If there is any redness or swelling it will dissipate within 24 hours.
Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
***FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN SCARRING, INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
♦AFTER THE PROCEDURE♦
♦Aftercare #1- Sterile Water Wipes
The day you get home from your appointment, check to see if you have any weeping (excess oil, blood, ink, sweat, sebum) coming from your brow.
If you do, pat them GENTLY with the sterile saline wipes provided. Keep doing this for the next 2-3 days until the weeping has stopped. By doing this you are reducing the chances of your brows scabbing which hinders the healing process.
♦Aftercare #2- Cleanser
Starting the next morning and continuing for the next 7 days - 2X a day, Morning and Night
"Wash" your brow area twice per day, morning and night with the cleanser provided by dipping a q-tip in the cleanser then running the q-tip in water to get some suds. GENTLY roll the q-tip back and forth, for about 10-15 seconds through the brow to get it clean.
NEVER be forceful or push hard on the brow as that could cause problems.
Rinse with water by cupping in hands but be gentle.
Make sure you blot them completely dry with a clean towel after washing. Allow NO WATER to collect or sit in the brow area as you want them to be nice and dry.
♦Aftercare #3- Ointment
- If you have more oily skin then you may not need to use this- or very little.
- This should be the last step after you blot or cleanse. Apply the ointment provided to your brows morning and night. A very small amount (size of a grain of rice) to each brow with a q-tip.
- Make sure the brows are dry before putting on the ointment.
DO NOT OVERDO it with the ointment and treat like a chapstick!!
Too much will not allow the brows to breath and heal correctly.
- Oily skin types may be told to avoid ointment all together and allow a dry heal process for the 7-10 days.
- DO NOT USE any cleansing products that contain exfoliants or acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA).
- Keep in mind the cleansing should NOT be a thorough scrub-down, it just needs to be done by rolling the q-tip in a soft, smooth manner.
- When rinsing, be sure to rinse every trace of soap from the area.
- Dry the entire eyebrow area completely by blotting it with a clean tissue. DO NOT be rough with any part of the cleaning or contact with the eyebrow.
- Keep your face directly out of the shower stream and do your best to carefully wash hair and keep face as dry as possible. Keep clean, dry paper towels on hand to pat dry if they accidentally get moist. Also keep showers brief as too much steam can harm brows as well and the pigment.
- When wasing your face, be sure not to splash water onto your face like we normally do. Instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to was AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry
♦Healing and Peeling Stages by day♦
♦"BROW SHOCK" Healing Stages♦
♦THINGS NOT TO DO♦
It's critical to avoid the following for 14 days+ after your procedure.
- DO NOT expose your brows to the sun during the healing process. UV Rays can alter the pigment of your tattoo. Following the first 10 days SPF is important for the longevity your micropigmentation.
- DO NOT sweat excessively for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your brow tattoo. Salt in the sweat may also alter the colour of your tattoo. Moderate exercise is fine.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brow tattoo. This is especially important in the first few days, you do not want to wash out any pigment.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products
- DO NOT use any makeup, creams, exfoliants on the brows for 10 days.
- DO NOT go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages or facials or skin treatments during the healing process.
- DO NOT go tanning and if you do cover your brow tattoo, UV rays can alter the colour of your tattoo.
- DO not use exfoliants,retinol acids, or AHA’s on the brow area. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
- DO NOT touch the brow area except when washing or applying aftercare ointment.
- Engaging in tasks like heavy household cleaning where airborne debris can become prevalent.
- Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, as it can cause wounds to heal slower.
- Transportation in open-air-vehicles where strong wind is likely, for example; driving in cars with windows down, convertibles, motorcycles, bicycles, and boats.
→AFTER DAY 14:
Resume your normal activities except continue to avoid laser or chemical peels and forms of exfoliation, and any creams containing retinal or glycolic acid until after the completion of your touch up appointment, and its healing process as well.
♦LONG TERM CARE♦
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 30 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 9 - 24 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hairstroke brows typically last 1-3 years.
- Hot steam showers feel great but unfortunately can cause dehydrated skin and inflammation/cellular breakdown.
- An active lifestyle and oily skin are more prone to premature fading and brows will require more maintenance.
- Glycolic acid, retinols, AHA's, anti-aging lotions and serums, microdermabrasion, chemical face peels and laser treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later. It takes about 4 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate and settle in.
- Once again...there are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, it will not look good or last.